Thursday, April 24, 2008

Friday Video: Flight From KPIE St Petersburg International With A Cessna 172 G1000



Last Saturday I went flying locally (KPIE St Petersburg International) in a Cessna 172SP with a Garmin 1000 avionics suite. This was a actually a gift flight from my precious wife for my birthday. How nice is that?

The video is a quick shot of us taking off. You can see some of the avionics panels in the video. Let's just say I was stunned by the G1000. If I ever buy a plane, the G1000 is a must purchase. One feature that made my mouth drop open was the real-time traffic display. This amazing system actually displays other aircraft as white diamonds with direction lines and altitude. It will even announce traffic conflict warnings. At times, I felt I was flying a fighter jet.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the C-172SP. The plane had leather seats, airbags, XM satellite radio, and flew like a dream.

Here are a couple of pictures from the flight. There nothing special, but it gives you an idea of how beautiful Clearwater Florida can be.




No comments:

Post a Comment